Austies is a landmark 200 year old Bar in the scenic seaside village of Rosses Point in Sligo, on the North West Coast of the ‘Wild Atlantic Way’.
”There are no strangers here only friends you have yet to meet” WB Yeats
The pub is owned and run by ‘John & Lorna’ who are passionate about keeping people at the heart of Austies; a place for Locals to unite & connect and visitors to feel welcome and enjoy true Irish friendliness and the informal hospitality of the pub & kitchen.
Ideal for casual dining, with quality fresh food, locally sourced where possible, including Austies famous fish & chips, seafood chowder, homemade guinness bread, daily specials and house pizza's, chicken wings and burgers, with a choice that will suit all dietary needs including gluten free and vegan options.
There has been a pub on the site of Austies since the 17th Century. It is a seafaring bar with plenty of memorabilia and unique features, enjoy a drink at the Captain's Table, sit and look out onto ‘Memory Harbour’ with views out to the sea and across to Coney and Oyster Island.
Good news for all dog lovers! Austies is a dog friendly pub where your family pet is welcome in the front bar. We don't serve 'Pawsecco' but we can fix them up with a fresh bowl of water.
Due to the latest Covid19 restrictions Austies Pub & Kitchen is temporarily closed until further notice.
We look forward to welcoming you back when it is safe to do so!
Covid-19 & Indoor dining
During these challenging times, Austies is committed to the well-being and safety of our staff and customers.
All preventative measures implemented and adhered to as per HSE authorities and Failte Ireland.
If you wish to be seated indoors, please remember:
▪ Customers will need to provide Proof of Immunity on arrival to confirm that all are over 18 and are either fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 in the past 6 months. Under 18s who are in the care of a permitted person in an indoor setting, currently do not require Proof of Immunity.
▪ Customers are still required to provide contact tracing details with the exception of those under 18.
▪ Once you’re on the premises, we ask that you sanitise your hands when entering or leaving the building, always wear your face mask when moving around, including when visiting the bathroom and practice physical distancing.
▪ Assigned seating with Social distancing in place (1 meter apart)
▪ Allocated times for tables.
We are proud to be part of Fáilte Ireland's #KeepDiscovering campaign.
"As Ireland re-opens we are united as an industry to show that Ireland is worth a second look, and a third, and a fourth." - Fáilte Ireland
Take time to discover what we have right on our doorstep, it's the year for it!
Copyright © 2021 Austies